How about a respite from honeycation photos? This Sunday past, KMHD and I visited Occupy Little Rock to say hello and offer our support. They'd just gotten rained out, which dampened their mood and spirit as they weren't the happiest of campers, but we didn't hold it against them. We inquired about a needs list and then took off to fulfill some of it. I didn't take photos of the Occupiers themselves as I didn't want to make them uneasy.
I love that someone brought or donated a pumpkin:
I returned yesterday evening for General Assembly. The hot topic was whether the Occupiers would move to another location (they are currently set up outside the Clinton Presidential Library) offered by the City of Little Rock that is in a less-trafficked area, but toilets and a dumpster would be provided and they could occupy indefinitely. I did not stay the entire meet, but they eventually agreed to move with a 92% consensus. While I was there, the debates raged, with an almost 50/50 split. Since I'm not an Occupier myself, I merely observed and didn't vote. I really hope to be helpful from the outside.
From yesterday, a dry and neatened occupation:
I talked to the few women who are occupying -- they are a frustrated group because they are, at times, underrepresented and do not receive proper donations that benefit their health and hygiene. I am collecting the following to give to Jennifer, my contact there.
- feminine hygiene products
- lotion
- mirrors
- nail clippers
- Q-tips
- lip balm
- make-up removal cloths
- facial cleansers
- blankets
- plastic bins for storage and to keep things dry
If you would like to contribute, please contact me. I will do pick up/deliveries.
Thankings.
Too, I'm going to try to attend GAs periodically. If you'd like to accompany me, that would be lovely.











No comments:
Post a Comment